DENMAN RESEARCH MENTOR AWARD
The Denman Research Mentor Award, formerly known as the Distinguished Undergraduate Research Mentor Award (DURM) and Outstanding Research Mentor Award (ORM), were created in 2007 and 2011, respectively. These awards are an opportunity to recognize the leadership and support faculty research mentors provide to undergraduate students presenting in the Denman Undergraduate Research Forum.
Mentors are nominated by undergraduate students who have been accepted into the annual Denman Undergraduate Research Forum. The nominations are reviewed and winners are selected by the OUR&CI's Awards and Recognition Committee. Awards are presented at the Denman Undergraduate Research Forum.
Below are the 2017 Denman Research Mentor Award winners. The past Denman Research Mentor Award winners can be found here.
2017 Denman Research Mentor Awards
- Sharon Amacher (Molecular Genetics)
- Karen Dannemiller (Engineering/Public Health)
- Allison Ellawadi (Speech and Hearing Science)
- Jesse Kwiek (Microbiology)
- Amanda Robinson (Political Science)
- Sakima Smith (Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine)
- Sarah Varekojis (Health and Rehabilitation Sciences)