SHARE A STUDENT ACCOMPLISHMENT
If you as a student, or as a faculty mentor, would like to share a student's accomplishment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be posting these accomplishments on our website, in our newsletters, and on our social media accounts.
- Congratulations to the 2018 Denman Undergraduate Research Fourm winners! A complete list of winners can be found here: https://ugresearch.osu.edu/Pages/Initiatives-%20Denman-%20Winners.aspx
- Congratulations to the winners of the 2018 Spring Images of Research + Arts Competition! Victoria Piper's "Banished from Eden" photo took first place in the competition! Rachel McLaughlin's "Pollinators," Taylor Dittrich's "Clashing Waves," and Maya Gosztyla's "Buzzing with Life" rounded out the competition being named as second place, third place and honorable mention, respectively.
- Research Day at Capitol Square: On February 28, 2018, 19 undergraduate students from the Columbus, Newark and Lima campuses represented The Ohio State University at Capitol Square. Students discussed their research and creative activities with their hometown state representatives throughout the day. Congratulations to all who participated!
- 2018 Spring 3 Minute Thesis Competition: On February 28, 2018, the OUR&CI hosted their Spring 3 Minute Thesis Competition. Students were tasked with presenting their research in three minutes or less to a panel of judges. Shout out to Anthony Milian who took first place, as well as Maya Gosztyla (second place), Eleni Packis (third place), Sunny Kwok (honorable mention) and Samantha Goode (honorable mention)!
- Images of Research + Arts Competition: The Images of Research + Arts Competition is an interdisciplnary exhibit to showcase the scope and diversity of research and artistic endeavors undertaken by OSU undergraduates. Finalists' images will be on display at the 2018 Denman Undergraduate Research Forum for the final round of voting. Good luck to Taylor Dittrich, Maya Gosztyla, Rachel McLaughlin, and Victoria Piper who have been entered into the final round!
What an Achievement, Amy Sharn and Ivan Pires! Amy and Ivan were recently awarded Student Recognition Awards from The Ohio State University's Board of Trustees! Want to learn more about Amy or Ivan's research? Head to the OUR&CI blog!
Congratulations to NCUR Participants! Four students will be traveling to the University of Central Oklahoma to present their research in the National Council on Undergraduate Research Conference. Congratulations Hayley Burke, Andrew Ferguson, Camden Brooks, and Sam DelliGatti!
Way to Go Evan Lach! Evan, a Chemistry and Biochemistry student, who is mentored by graduate student Bethany Wellen Rudd and Professor Heather Allen, recently was highlighted as part of the PCCP 2017 Hot Article Collection! Visit here to read the article!
- Shout out to Aubrey Rose! Aubrey, a Molecular Genetics student, received the first place award for Best Undergraduate Presentation at the 32nd Annual Ohio Physiological Society Meeting at Northeast Ohio Medical University! Aubrey's presentation, entitled "Resolving Novel Agents to Accelerate Skeletal Muscle Membrane Repair" was selected from over 60 total presentations by trainees from Universities throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia and she will receive a cash prize for her accomplishment. Great job, Aubrey!
- Way to go Nate Wesley! Nate Wesley, a Chemistry and Biochemistry Alumni, received the 2017 ACS Division of Inorganic Chemistry Award for Undergraduate Research! Nate and Professor Jimmy Cowan, who nominated Nate, will receive their award at the Spring 2018 National ACS Meeting in New Orleans in March. Nate has also been invited to give a talk during the INOR-sponsored "Frontiers in Undergraduate Research" symposium. Nate is now in graduate school at the University of North Carolina. Congratulations to both Nate and Professor Cowan on their success!