EXCELLENCE IN UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH MENTORING AWARD
The Office of Student Academic Success- Undergraduate Research & Creative Inquiry offers the Excellence in Undergraduate Research Mentoring Award to honor individuals who have demonstrated success in mentoring undergraduates in their research and/or creative inquiry endeavors.
Congratulations to our 2020 recipients:
- Zoe Almeida (Evolution, Ecology, and Organismal Biology)
- Dawn Anderson-Butcher (Social Work)
- Taylor Ballinger (Psychology)
- Matthew Birkhold (German)
- Rebeka Campos-Astorkiza (Spanish and Portuguese)
- Sergei Chmutov (Mathematics)
- Jiyeon Denninger (Psychology)
- Mark Drew (Microbial Infections & Immunity)
- Rachel Gabor (SENR Hydrology)
- Scott Graves (Educational Studies)
- Kristyn Gumpper (Internal Medicine)
- Richard Hickey (Chemical and Biomedical Engineering)
- Sharvari Karandikar (Social Work)
- Krista Kecskemety (Engineering Education)
- Yeoeun Kim (Educational Studies)
- Jane Klinger (Psychology)
- Melanie Krook (Center for Clinical and Translational Science)
- Andrew May (Civil, Environmental, and Geodetic Engineering)
- Megan Meuti (Entomology)
- Ryan Norris (Evolution, Ecology, and Orgranismal Biology)
- Hollie Nyseth Brehm (Sociology)
- Shane O'Neil (Neuroscience)
- Bill Peterman (School of Environment and Natural Resources)
- Valentina Pita-Grisanti (Nutrition)
- Donald Terndrup (Astronomy)
- Rolando Valdes Aguilar (Phyics)
- Ericka Velez-Bonet (Internal Medicine)
- Yael Vodovotz (Food Science and Technology)
- Leah Weston (Evolution, Ecology, and Organismal Biology)
- Jessica Winter (Chemical and Biomedical Engineering)
- Jian-Qiu Wu (Molecular Genetics)
Who is eligible to receive the Award?
OSU faculty (including lecturers), post-doctoral associates and graduate students are eligibile to receive the Excellence in Undergraduate Research Mentoring Award.
What is the submission deadline for the Award?
The 2019-2020 application is now closed.
What is the nomination process for the Award?
OSU undergraduates, enrolled on any campus, may nominate an OSU faculty, post-doctoral associate or graduate student for the Excellence in Undergraduate Research Mentoring Award.
Nomination materials include the following:
- Student's Background and Contact Information
- Research Mentor's Background and Contact Information
- Statement of Nomination
- The statement of nomination must be ≤500 words. When crafting your statement of nomination, please tell us how your research mentor has: (1) supported and inspired you to grow intellectually as a researcher, (2) encouraged and enabled you to reach your future goals and (3) supported and encouraged you on a personal level.
Screenshots of Qualtrics Application:
Congratulations to our Excellence in Undergraduate Research Mentoring Awardees:
Abigail Buffington (Anthropology)
Kimberly Carter (Chemistry)
Kristi Cheramie (Landscapre Architecture)
Zobeida Cruz-Monserrate (Internal Medicine)
James Fuchs (Medicinal Chemsitry)
Genie Giaimo (English)
Erin Gloag (Microbiology)
Mandar Kathe (Chemical Engineering)
Chanhee Lee (OARDC Animal Sciences)
Brett Loman (Microbial Pathogenesis)
Claire Monroy (Otolaryngology)
Nicole Sintov (Environment and Natural Resources)
Noah Weisleder (Physiology and Cell Biology)
Ryan Winston (Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering)
Kristina Witcher (Neuroscience)
Andre Palmer (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering)
Edward Taketa (Dance)
Jason Coronel (Communication)
- 2018: Christopher Coss (College of Pharmacy), Peter Mansoor (College of Arts & Sciences), Nikole Patson (Psychology- Marion Campus), Tasleem Padamsee (College of Public Health)